Tuesday, March 11, 2014

1st Radiation Treatment In the Books: Short & Sweet

I had my 1st radiation treatment this morning-stopped by the center on my way to work and was in and out in roughly 20mins. It would have taken less time then that but everyday before the actual treatment can commence the tech will have to take an x-ray and compare it to the x-rays from yesterday. If they don't match then she has to re-adjust my position on the platform and take another x-ray and compare. These steps have to be repeated until the x-rays match. Though I still had my "tattoos" and the mat the was molded to my upper body-alignment was still not as simple a task as one might imagine and it took a couple attempts for her to get me positioned such that the x-rays matched. She then told me I would hear a buzzing sound, which would be the indicator that she was treating. 3 fields were treated(as mentioned in the previous post). The platform that I was laying on stayed still while a part of the machine rotated around to the different angles. Now before I share how brief the treatment really was, I want to make it known that I did verify my estimation of the length of time with the tech. I was shocked myself-lol but the treating of the 1st and 2nd fields each took 30 secs a piece and the 3rd field took 1 min. Following the treating of each of the 1st 2 fields she checked my alignment. And that was it-pain free. God keeps on blessing. I do have to mention this though-my daddy wasn't here for this one as he is planning to be here on Friday since following every Friday radiation treatment, I will have to meet with the dr. One of my dear sisters in Christ offered to be there with me but since I wasn't expecting the treatment last long (though I didn't realize it would be as short as it was) I didn't want to have her driving all the way across town but then another dear sister pretty much asked me what time it was told me she was coming-not much I could say to that-lol but I'm thankful for them both (and for all of the others that God has placed in my life, who are there for me and praying for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment