Thursday, July 31, 2014

Treatment #12 in the books & more PRAISE reports; God is STILL at work!

Today in my pre-chemo/treatment appointment with one of the members of the medical team overseeing my treatments, God added to the list of reasons to give Him PRAISE! 1) results of heart echo showed a 5% decrease in the function of the leftside of my heart but that's still ok; they only get concerned and hold treatment if the decrease in heart function hits 10% 2) immune system seems to be where it needs to be and I no longer have to come in for the neulasta shot on the day after treatments. Last time I had that shot I got a bad headache the same night that I could not sleep off that lasted through the next day in combo with lower back aches, which are side effects of the shot itself. What makes it even more of a blessing is that I will not have to worry about these side effects on Saturday where I will be working my first conference as a vendor with my book of poems and bookmarks nor tomorrow late afternoon/evening as I am prepping for it. I am participating in the conference itself as God moved upon the heart of someone to take care of the registration costs. TGBTG again! LOVE Him, His timing and how He works things out! 3) during that same appointment my breast care doctor came in and invited me to the Aurora Foundation Gala Celebrating Life, in addition to me and my parents being "taken care of" in terms of tickets, she mentioned that they would like to include the video of the interview that I mentioned in previous posts (for Best Docs Network, where I was blessed to share my testimony of the journey of overcoming breast cancer) 4) after that, that same member of the medical team that went over the results with me to begin the appointment shared that they had recently diagnosed some young women with breast cancer and that they were struggling with it and asked if I was part of a support group, commenting on my spiritual strength and how I did not lay down and give up after being diagnosis but did just the opposite, both of which she thinks would benefit these women who are struggling with their recent diagnosis and how she believes that God places some people here to make a difference in the lives of others (One correction to that statement: it's not just some of us that God wants to make a difference, God has a special plan and purpose for everyone and He can use ANYBODY who is born again-has confessed with their mouth and believed in their heart that Jesus is Lord. After that we just have to make ourselves available to Him and stay connected to Him so that He can cause us to be fruitful/working in and through us.) My response to her was that I do have a blog but am not a part of a support group though God has built a "support group" around me and that I would be more than willing to talk to them either by phone or email, so she took down my information to pass along to them. I'm always blessed and thankful anytime God uses me to encourage and help somebody else. That's one of the things that gives me joy. TGBTG for the doors He continues to open and for the opportunities He continues to provide. After that I received treatment #12 of #17-just 5 more to go!!! TGBTG God Bless & KTF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment