Friday, February 28, 2014

1st Treatment of New Phase

Yesterday was the 1st of the 13 remaining treatments. This time around I only have to do 2 of the 3 (only Hercepton & Perjeta; no Taxotere). The Taxotere which was the one that brought my immune system down, caused hairloss and the other side effects experienced previously. The only side effect I experienced yesterday (and today) is fatigue which is really nothing-barely worth mentioning-TGBTG God blesed me to get my weights in at the gym Monday-Wednesday of this week and then cardio in this morning before work. He's blessed my strength to increase-still not what it was but I'm thankful for the progress. I'm also thankful I don't have to take any meds for side effects other than the pre-meds that they give at the the beginning of each treatment. My CT scan (in prep for radiation) has not been scheduled yet, but as mentioned in the previous post, radiation is not scheduled to commence until March 10th. This morning's daily devotional was a good reminder as this new phase of treatment kicks off. It focused on part b of Psalm 62:5, but really the whole verse was/is quite fitting. It reads, "My soul wait thou [look for help] only upon God; for my expectation is from Him." We're to look to God for our help [our healing, our deliverance, to meet our needs, to be our source of joy, our daily bread, etc.] He's the only one we can ALWAYS expect to not only come through but to be right on time and on point when He does. I'm thankful for all of those whom He has worked through but ALL credit and ALL glory belongs to Him. In this phase of treatment God is still the One I'm looking to and the One in whom my hope rests. He's the One who's brought me thus far in this journey of overcoming and the One who is going to bless me to OVERCOME. The formula we continue to work from by God's grace is Faith + Works. Faith-trusting God, believing God, expectation in God + Works-treatments, following doctors'orders. Can't have one or the other-gotta have both.

No comments:

Post a Comment