Monday, February 3, 2014

Surgeon's Phone Call: Results from Surgery

God blessed me to get some work done from home on Friday and what a blessed weekend it was. Lil bro came to visit from Kingsville on Saturday evening and then blessed to go to church rather than watching the service via live streaming and then on that night blessed to fellowship with my SWP fam and pastor and wife as they opened up their doors to us once again for our annual super bowl party. Even though the game hurt some of our feelings, we had SO MUCH FUN!!! Last year was fun but this year God blessed kicked it up a notch! I'm thankful that I didn't have to miss the super bowl & party due to surgery. Today one of my sisters relayed a message from my little neice, who said that she thought I was even prettier without hair. She told her mom to make sure she told me that she said it and not her mom-lol-God has kept me smiling throughout this whole process, and even gave me a poem called "I'm Still Smiling"-that message was just one of the ways He used to bring a smile to my face today. Btw I was also blessed go in to the office rather than working from home today. God has blessed my range of motion to improve too. I was suppose to recieve a call from the surgeon at the end of last week (Friday) as mentioned in a previous post but I did not get that call until this afternoon. The surgeon had spoken with my oncologist and both are in aggreement that though they got the negative margins they were looking for, but because it was so close to the edge and taking into account my age (so young), the cancer's level of aggression, they really want to maximize surgical therapy. To be safe, the surgeon wants to go in and shave off a little more tissue. He also said two of the lymph nodes that were removed during the surgery for biopsy were found to have cancer in them,so he would need to remove the rest of the lymph nodes that are under my arm. I asked him about going under anesthesia before feeling like I had regained my strength from Tuesday's surgery and still being sore but he assured me that it would not be a problem and that in fact the sooner the better, when it comes to healing and scarring, etc. The admin is holding a spot for me on Wednesday afternoon. I'm suppose to call and confirm Wednesday's surgery as well as get a time sometime tomorrow morning, which will have to be before or after the appointment with my oncologist(it's a follow-up appointment that was previously scheduled). The blessing is that God has given me a medical team that cares, knowledgable and that are truly seeking to do all that they can to rid my body of the cancer and to decrease the chances of recurrence as much as possible and they don't seem to be trying to cut any corners. That's not a given for everyone these days. Am I excited about having to go back into surgery or having to go through those pre-surgery procedures I mentioned in the previous post-no BUT TGBTG anyhow! I know God's still got me and I know that Romans 8:28 is still applicable; still holding true-"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." Sometimes we can get hung up on those things we don't understand, but it does not say that only those things we understand work together for the good... but it says ALL things. It does not say only the things that are comfortable, easy to endure, and/or painless, but it says ALL things. God's word still holds true and there is no failure in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment