Thursday, June 12, 2014

Praise Reports

As mentioned in the previous post today was the day that I was suppose to get the results from the ultrasound and mammogram prior to having my treatment. The first part of the praise report is that the mammogram looked good and my breast care doctor was pleased, said there was no longer anything there that looked suspicious. They still have to check with the insurance company to see if the MRI that I need to have will be covered or not. Either way I am planning to have the MRI. If the insurance doesn't cover it, thank God there is a payment plan available. At the conclusion of this visit she asked me if I would be willing to participate in the Best Docs Network. I would basically be interviewed and have the opportunity to share with others regarding this journey and she said I could even mention the book. God just keeps on blessing. I'm thankful for the opportunity. She sent me a link to the Best Docs Network website where they also did a survivor segment featuring her as she is a breast cancer survivor herself. After meeting with one doctor for the results, I met with the assistant who works with the doctor that is responsible for the chemo part of my treatment process. She shared with me that in spite of the 2 neupogen shots that I had been receiving-Friday and Monday after Thursday's treatment-my white blood cell count was still low and this time low enough for concern that giving me a treatment today could drop it even lower and cause me to end up in the hospital, so instead I received another neupogen shot today and I'm scheduled for another one tomorrow. Next week I'll go in for bloodwork on Tuesday and chemo on Thursday if God says the same. She also said that after the next treatment they may switch me to the neulasta shot, which is suppose to last longer. That's also what they gave me while I was in the hospital for that pneumothorax in addition to a white blood cell count that was on the low side. She also said that because I was premenoposal, the Tamoxifen was the only type of estrogen blocker they could give me, so I'll be starting that back up tonight...so the day did not go as "planned" but I do believe it went according to God's plan and I still hold onto Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." And you know what it's a blessing to have doctors that care enough to deviate from the schedule as needed in order to do what's best for the patient's health-that's another reason I can still title this post Praise Reports. God always knows best. I know He's still got me and I'm still not worried. He's God and He changes not! He's still God, still Good, and still BLESSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment