Friday, June 6, 2014

Update 6/6/14

Ever had a moment when the Holy Spirit revealed to you that you were tripp'n? (Raising my hand) Last weekend the Tamoxifen really seemed to cause some digestive/stomach issues to flare up again-solid foods kept running through and my usual go-to's were not working. As I was doing some research on the best time and way to take Tamoxifen, I discovered that it contains lactose-something that I don't tolerate well and that diarrhea is one of the side effects of Tamoxifen itself. Decided to give my system a break and wait until I could ask one of the doctors on the medical team that is responsible for my treatment when I went in on Wednesday to have a mammogram and ultrasound-I was hoping they'd be willing to switch the medicine. But in comparison to the side effects God has kept me from with regard to the Tamoxifen, the digestive issues are as one of my sister described it, more of an inconvenience. I've gotten a little spoiled with the way God has blessed my digestive system to recover from the pre-surgery chemo as well as the other ways that He is restoring my health and healing my body that when this new/old issue flared up, my tolerance level was lower than it should have been. Now I still hope they can give me an alternative that is still effective but without the digestive issues, but if not, I know God will give me the grace to do my part. I thank Him for lovingly bringing to my attention, as a good Father and Best Friend would candidly say, "you know you were tripp'n right?" The plan is to continue to let my system have a short break from the Tamoxifen while I wait for a call from the treatment center but if I don't hear anything by Monday I plan to try it again. God is already blessing my system to recover. Next week before chemo, I have an appointment with one of my doctors to get the results of the mammogram and ultrasound that I had done earlier this week. On Wednesday night God blessed with a faith boosting word from my pastor-a challenge to elevate our level of expectation. I'm encouraged to continue to LIVE by faith and not to place limits on what God will do in and through my life because of a lack of faith. I capitalized the word "LIVE" because our faith can literally be the difference between life and death. Without faith it can be quite difficult to really live life; enjoy life the way God intended. Father please help us to believe you for EVERYTHING you want to do in and through us-"elevate our expectation" not in man but in You, for You are the only Sovereign God; the only One with ALL Power; the only One in Whom there is no failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment