Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Chemo Round 3 on Board

I had actually been looking forward to the chemo treatment today, excited that it would be the 3rd of a total of 4 rounds that I have to go through before surgery. Completing the chemo will also be my first milestone in the treatment process. As I was walking down the stairs leaving work yesterday evening, God reminded me to be on the look out for the enemy to try to throw something at me to discourage me. Well today that attempt came as during our usual pre-treatment meeting with the dr. who's overseeing my chemo. He told me something different than what my other dr. relayed last week in our visit following the ultrasound-usually she tends toward the worst case scenerio side and he tends to share news that's more on the optomistic side however that wasn't quite the case this time. Today he told me and daddy, that based on the unltrasound since the type of breast cancer I have is "shadowy" shrinkage is hard to determine but that if the chemo wasn't working the mass would have doubled in size by now. When my other doctor made the comments she did, she was using physical evidence from her examine on me in addition to the ultrasound. He was just going by the ultrasound. He also told me that the surgeon will most likely recommend a mastectomy. This was one of those reports that as daddy would say, we hear but don't hear. I really believe that the enemy was trying to use this to discourage me but my God ALWAYS does what's Best and I Trust Him to just that in this situation too. Dr.'s can only go by analysis and what they see but the results are not determined by their observations and opinions but by God Who is sovereign and has the power to speak and it be so. I still trust Him. He's got me and He's got this. The past two weeks have been excpetional food wise (able to keep food in my system for the most part) but stomach started feeling weird during today's chemo and after it was done. Food not digesting well but I'm going to keep eating and trying to find something that will work as my body re-adjusts. God blessed us (me and daddy) to get a lot done today after chemo-tired now but I'm going to hit the bed shortly. God gave us enough grace to get done what needed to be done and for that I'm thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Summer, remain encouraged! I'll never forget the negative reports we received about Aliyah. When Dr. Santiago spoke with us, he mentioned every negative statistic and result of having a child prior to full term. Aliyah was born at 24 weeks, but we remained trusting in God that she would NOT fall victim to the words of man! She is an overcomer and more than a conqueror. You are as well! Stay strong....stand firm on his promises!

    ReplyDelete