Saturday, December 28, 2013

"Rainy Season" -yet encouraged and thankful

After falling asleep around 8:30pm last night,I found myself awake right around 11:45pm. I "chatted" via text with a dear sister in Christ who is one of the breast cancer overcomers that God has placed in my life,and was still up wide awake, until about 1am. After that, still unable to go to sleep, I pulled out the textbook I've mentioned before (Systematic Theology), so that I could go ahead and type up the answers to the Questions for Application at the end of the last chapter I had finished. Next I was led to look at one of the poems God had given me the words to write. The title to this one needed some tweaking, after praying and waiting God responded with the new title. I was thankful to be able to finalize that one. Then He prompted me to open the document that I keep called "Poems Under Construction". The reason I have this document is because sometimes God will give me a whole poem in one setting but then there are other times where He will give me part of one and then give me the rest of it at another time (day(s) or even month(s)) later. Anyway when I opened it up there was a small peice of a poem that was then titled "Look for the Rainbow" as someone had given me that title and said see what you can come up with regarding that. The Lord began to give me the rest of the poem until it was finished. He gave me the title He wanted-"Rainy Season". I was so thankful God gave me the words to pen another poem-to me this alone made the hours of sleep lost well worth it. I've inserted the poem God gave me below. Prayerfully those who read it will hear God speaking to them and encouraging them as they read it. Rainy Season By Summer L. Johnson Rain, rain, rain, and more rain… Father, will You please send the sun my way? If You could give me just a moment of relief, because my spirit is growing oh so weak. The rain seems to have become a permanent environment. This can’t be how You meant for the days of my life to be spent. When You caused it to rain 40 days and 40 nights, Father, even Noah had an ark, but I have nothing - I feel like I’m in the dark. God, I’m just being honest with You, because You said I could always come to You. You said I could “cast my cares on You because You care for me” - well, here I am, trying my best to lay it all at Your feet. I cannot see what Your plan is for me, Nor how You’re going to work it out for my good - though I really wish I could. I’m trying my best to keep the faith, but Father - please, I need a break. Just a short one is all I ask, then for sure I know I’d last. Dear child of Mine, I’m so proud of you for coming to Me and for praying so earnestly. You are absolutely right about casting your cares on Me, because I DO care for you - I LOVE you! I see you trying your best but struggling, so let Me now put your mind and spirit at rest. Yes, I’m taking you through a rainy season, so you can trust that it’s not permanent, nor is it without reason. I have a special purpose for your life that in preparation requires more rain than 40 days and nights. True, Noah had an ark but you have My constant presence - I am your refuge when it’s storming and dark. And it’s ok if you cannot see - no one should be in the driver’s seat of your life but Me - and I, the Creator of vision see perfectly - it’s more important that you keep your eyes on Me. When have I ever forsaken you, not kept My word, or flat out not come through? That’s right, never - because it’s just not in My nature to do. I know you, I love you, and My grace is sufficient. Trust me - this is not the end; you’re going to pull through. Thank you, Father, for once again coming to my rescue, And for listening so patiently though You knew my words, thoughts and feelings before I even opened my mouth to speak, Then sharing with me from Your heart, so full of love, You really encouraged me. You’re so welcome! You know you can ALWAYS count on me! Now get some sleep. 12/28/13 It wasn't long after finishing this poem that God blessed me to go to sleep for about 1.5hrs before waking me up in time to get to Whole Foods before they opened. I wanted to get there early because I'm still trying to stay away from crowds and I wanted to get in and out before the grocery store crowd. This poem and the message in it was confirmed when I recieved a text from one who is another mother to me, relaying to me that I was in her dream and that the only part of the dream that she could remember was that there was a flood coming and her and her hubby (another dad to me) already knew how to get to the top of the mountain to take shelter from the flood and all of the sudden I showed up, but for some reason couldn't climb the mountain. She remembered wondering why with my youth and strength, I couldn't get up there. She told me exactly how to climb the mountain, "put your feet in the clef of the mountain and hold on, keep going" and said that I would almost make it to the top but would slide back down, but I didn't give up. Enouraging me she said, "you can do this baby girl, keep going." Finally I reached the top, they grabbed my hand and everything was ok was good. She also mentioned the smile that I had on my face when I reached the top of the mountain. Then she woke up to find the email where I had sent her the poem inserted above, Rainy Season. In poem above God reminded me that He's going to bring me through and He confirmed it with momma's dream-reaching the top of the mountain with a smile on my face (made me think of another poem God gave me called, "I'm Still Smiling") The poem is another case in point of Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." and a reminder that God is purposeful in EVERYTHING that He does and allows. Would I have liked to slept through the night-initially yes but if I had the option of going back and changing the events of last night and this morning, I would not. I'm thankful God gave me the grace to hear Him rather than getting all bent out of shape and being upset all night. In addition to the blessings mentioned above, God has blessed my energy level to be better today, I've not had any stomach/digestion issues and even been able to add some vegetables back in my diet. I hope to be able to add my solid protein (chicken, turkey, and fish) back in in the next day or two. I'm thankful for the progress.

2 comments:

  1. In the midst of myriad other messages, it's encouraging to read words like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TGBTG (To God Be The Glory. I'm thankful you were encouraged.

      Delete