Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New year-Same AWESOME GOD!!!

Due to technical difficulties I was not able to watch the live streaming of the whole first night of revival last night, but I God did bless me to hear the choir sing one of my choir jams and to hear the title of the sermon and some of the sermon which was the same as the one of the sermons from the same revival as last year. However I believe that God wanted to bring to my attention the deeper meaning that that title of the sermon, "After All that, I'm Still Here" has at the beginning of 2014. Today God blessed me to complete the 4th of 4 cycles of chemo (before surgery), my first milestone in the healing process. This time I did not start having stomach trouble during and directly after the chemo as I did the last time-TGBTG for that. One funny moment today-after the end of the treatment, when the nurse removed the IV, I started bleeding (more so than just a drop or 2) and she had to apply some pretty firm pressure, she asked me if I could do it but I told her yes but I couldn't do it as hard as she was because it hurt lol, so she held it there until it stopped lol. God blessed me with some great nurses who administered the chemo. They were/are very skilled at what they do yet have good interpersonal skills too. One of them was talking about how today how she will be gearing up for the next semester of school, after maintainig a 4.0 in the masters program. She's also married with kids. Yet always had a smile, would say or do something silly in a minute. I was was blessed by both nurses. I can imagine there are days where they don't feel like dealing with patients yet they still did it anyway consistantly-well atleast while I was there-lol. So many are still praying for me and I still feel their prayers. When I think about how God has continued to be my strength and my sustainer and in my low points always come through my family in Christ, etc. I thank God also for everyone who's been when me from the get go-standing with me in faith and lifting before God in prayer and for those who continue to stand with me in faith and lift me before God in prayer. How blessed I am to have a support system that was bulit by and set in place by my God/our God. I'm just in awe of His goodness and of how AWESOME He is and all I can say is TGBTG! The next steps in the process are: 1)usual day after neulasta injection tomorrow morning (immune support) 2)On Monday-MRI (to give a more accurate picture of the size of the tumor) and EKG (to make sure my heart is still ok) 3)Surgery consultation on Thursday side note: when I was told that we'd be going with the same surgeon that inserted my mediport. I asked about the other surgeon that my oncologist had mentioned previously. However I quickly got on board with the same surgeon who inserted my mediport operating on me again after I found out that the other surgeon had not been there long and I didn't know how much experience he'd had before that job-we'll just pray over the same surgeon that this time there will be no complications rather than going with the new guy; I'll pass on being a guinea pig-lol. 4)Meeting with my breast care doctor the day after. 5)right now looking at surgery being sometime at the end of January 6)follow-up with oncologist (early february) When they do the surgery and remove the tumor they will be able to assess whether or not the cancer mutated and be able to decide on the right post surgery treatment. I was told that I will need to continue recieving doses of the hercepton and projeta via my mediport to bring the duration of those 2 drugs to a year. I will also have to keep the mediport in for an 2yrs as the risk of recurrence is 2yrs. During that time they will be continuing to keep a close eye via MRIs and mammograms. I was also told today that breast conservation is still an option-given the negative test results of the BRACA gene test. Daddy gave me a fresh trim today too. While my hair has already been growing back because it hasn't begun to grow back evenly all the way around-growing alot in some areas and not so much in other areas. I like the way it feels when it's smooth anyway-lol. It'll grow back evenly when the chemo is fully out of my system. Until then I'm going to continue to enjoy the new style;-) I do want to be sure to mention that 2013 was a blessed year! God was good to me all the way through-even throughout the end of 2013 in the battle that we entered (God entered it with me and blessed me with those who would also walk with me). God blessed me with 17 poems some of which He gave me in the midst of battle towards the end of 2013, He blessed me with some of the desires of my heart, used me in new ways- what a privelege and honor and I know God's not done yet, but this journey to overcoming; this current battle is part of preparation for greater ministry. Forward March-TGBTG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment