Monday, January 13, 2014

1/13/14

Day 6 (counting out from the last chemo treatment) and day 3 without the side effect meds-a little rough today-body began ridding itself of food that has been accumulating and sitting in my intestine, which made for frequent trips to the restroom and not much energy to speak of. BUT thank God this is just a part of going THROUGH-because He is taking me through (not leaving me where I am). As I thought about the fact that I would have to lay in the MRI machine on my stomach, I knew I would have to trust God that He would see me through even when it didn't look like I wouldn't be able to make it. I was also thinking about how I hadn't been drinking as much fluids as I should have been especially on a day like today when I knew they would need to start an IV in order to inject me with the radio isotope during the MRI (my veins tend to roll and can be hard to find-not drinking enough fluids would not help the situation). God's response? 1)Blessed the radiologist to get the IV started in one try 2)though being pushed into the MRI machine made me dizzy(no food in system), God gave me peace and kept me calm 3)God kept my stomach in check-throughout the whole MRI 4)brought my first MRI experience back to my remembrance-tears then-no tears this time; stronger in Christ than before "Is there anything too hard for God?" I was supposed to get an echo done on my heart at the same facility right after the MRI but the echo tech had an emergency and had to leave. They ended up sending me to one of the hospitals to get it done so that I wouldn't have to reschedule. Of course you know dr.'s visits with daddy there is going to be some comic relief somewhere lol...so as they were giving us instructions for getting the echo done at the hospital, daddy asked the administrative lady who was going to pay for parking at the hospital and if they were going to pay-i was smiling hoping that the lady would realize he was joking but she didn't get the hint and didn't know what to do. A really nervous expression came across her face and she started digging in her pockets (like she was looking for some change). Finally daddy started laughing and I had to let it out too. Poor lady-lol. I had the echo done at the hospital, first time I had ever actually seen my heart beating-pretty cool and a reminder of how AWESOME God is- the Creator of every living thing and the sustainer of life. I won't get results of the MRI or echo until my Thursday and Friday appointments but the results are in His hands, I know and believe that God's still got me and I'm trusting Him to continue to take me through the process of overcoming. Regardless of where we are God and regardless of what we're going through, God is still God. He doesn't need perfect conditions to bless, to heal or to deliver. He very presence and willing to do so makes for the perfect conditions. If we can just stay focused on Him and continue to persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment