Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Procedure & lumpectomy Today-going in with Faith & Focus Fixed in & on God

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm118:24 I have to check in at the hospital in a couple of hours as my procedure and lumpectomy are scheduled for today. Weather wise it's not expected to be the most pleasant day-currently temps in the 30s with a chance of ice this morning, the surgeon as I mentioned before will be the same one who punctured one of my lungs during the procedure to insert my med-port BUT Psalm 118:24-my God made this day and is complete control of it as He has been of EVERY day He has ever made. He is the same God Who blessed me with early detection, the same God Who was with me and blessed and encouraged me through the chemo treatments-withholding many of the side effects from me and causing a great response to the chemo-substantial shrinkage of the mass in my breast and the swollen lymph node returning to normal appearance. Throughout this whole process God has been so FAITHFUL covering me from every angle and supplying my every need up to my greatest need on which my healing depends-FAITH in Him. I also wanted to mention that even though my mom lives out of state and has not been able to be here physically, there's not a day that goes by that she doesn't check on me in one way or another. God has worked through her to take care my financial need. She covered the out of pocket expense for my medi-port procedure and for my procedure and lumpectomy today. Over the weekend God reminded me of the impact our focus has on our lives and how important it is that we stay focused on Him. We cannot have a strong faith without it; it's the difference between walking on water and sinking. Our focus seems to directly impact our faith-the more we focus on God the stronger our faith in Him will tend to be but the more we focus on other things, the weaker our faith in Him will tend to be. Last night the scripture for my evening devotional was Luke 2:19 "But Mary kept all these things, in her heart." In that scripture alone God reminded me of the importance of holding on to the words that He gives us individually. Every word that He speaks is spoken for a reason. God will give us a word to stand on, to encourage us, and to feed on that our spirit would be nourished, sustained and strengthened through whatever we're going through but we're in better postion to recieve when our focus is on Him. So with God's help my focus during this step of the process and all of the steps to come will continue to be on my God as He continues to lead me on towards VICTORY!!! Gotta get going-suppose to head to the hospital in 43 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment