Thursday, November 21, 2013

Chemo Round 2 on board-TGBTG

Praise reports before we get to today's treatment: All week God has blessed me to drive myself to work (With the exception of today because I took the whole day off) and to get back to taking the 4 flights of stairs to get to my desk, which I had not been able to do since the precedure to insert the mediport. I also recieved good news regarding mentoring. I heard back from the program head of the mentoring program regarding the email I sent describing my current condition and why I would have to take a "break" from the program. Not only did she say that she was going to talk to some of the other key players within the program to come up with a way for me and my mentee to stay in touch because she thought it would be good for the both of us considering the connection we had made but she also said that she was there for me and that she was praying for my strength and for the doctors who would care for me and help me to my new cancer free body. Reading all of that really blessed me and I'm thankful for I know the Source of all of my blessings and from whence every good thing comes-God is GOOD. Now for today's praise report: As mentioned in the previous post the dr. said that we'd only proceed with chemo scheduled for today if my labs showed that my white blood cell count was high enough. When we met with the dr. today he informed us that my white blood cell count was in the normal range and that everything else looked good with the exceptions of some abnormalities with my liver-typical of chemo patients-when daddy asked me last night if the chemo was still a go for today, I told him that the nurse who drew blood asked me how I felt and said she'd see me tomorrow (Thursday/today). I 'll told him that we'll trust God that all is well for the treatment (chemo) and today God came through yet again. I know many are still praying with me and for me and some were praying specifically that my white blood cell count would be where it needed to be so that I would be able to recieve the 2nd round. I'm thankful that we save an able God Who hears the prayers of the righteous. Everything went smoothly. The pre-treatment meds that are given through the IV before the actual chemo drugs didn't make me dizzy this time though the benedryl made me drowsy but that's so minor that that really doesn't even count compared to what it could be. God blessed us to have a good time during the treatment. Daddy had us all rolln again(those who came to be with me as will as the fam of other patients). I had to tell the nurse and another that they'd have to excuse daddy because hadn't had any sleep lol. Different crew with me today than the 1st round of chemo but I was blessed to have them there with me and thankful for the great support system that God has placed around me (including my daddy who's a big part of that). When I say support system that's not just those who have been there with me in at appointments and treatments but those who have been there for me in every way, praying for and with me, making me laugh, cooking for me going to the grocery store for me encouraging me, calls, text, cards, etc. I know I have mentioned it before but I'm just so thankful and God keeps on meeting needs and blessing me above and beyond through them and each one of them are significant. My chemo buddy, an elderly Christian man (also receiving chemo), who had asked my dad last time if he could add my name to his church's prayer list encouraged me a few times today. Including telling me that we were going to beat and pointing up as if to say God's going to bless us to overcome. He reminded me as I was leaving to Keep the Faith. He has such a joyful spirit. Yet more confirmation of God's hand at work:-) Next steps: -Tomorrow morning-neolastin injection to try to prevent such a dip in white blood cell counts and if not, atleast shorten the length of time that it takes to bring the count back up. -bloodwork on the day before Thanksgiving -follow-up with the dr. *Keep on praising, keep on praying and keep on trusting our-let me go'on and make it personal-my AWESOME God. Last night the Lord blessed me to finish the chapter of Systematic Theology by Wayne Gruden, that deals with the 5 incommunicable attributes of God. Each chapter has Questions for Personal Application. I'd like to share one of the questions along with my response: 8. Eplain how each of the 5 incommunicable attributes of God discussed in this chapter can be a help in your own prayer life. Independence-I can pray in faith and with confidence because God is not only able to hear but able to respond to my prayers because He is God all by Himself and He doesn't have to go look anywhere to get what He needs to handle it because He is the Source and He is self-sufficient. Unchangeableness (also referred to as Immutability)- I can pray in faith and with confidence because I can trust Him fully and completely because His being, purposes and promises do not change. That's something we can stand on as we pray that is stable in the midst of a world and environment that's shaky and unstable. Eternity- I can pray in faith and with confidence knowing that he is fully aware of my past, present, and future. He's not missing any of the peices of my life and He understands everything about where I've been/what He's brought me through, where He's place me now/what He's presently doing in my life and what He will in my future and how to get me to where He's taking me. Ominipresence- I can pray in faith and with confidence knowing that God is right there with me and close enough to do as He sees fit be it, to bless, to sustain, or to punish. Unity-I can pray in faith and with confidence knowing that God is not divided into parts, yet we see different attributes of God emphasized at different times and that He is able to be my Everything; whatever attribute I'm in need of experiencing at any given point in time. The memory verse for the chapter was Psalm 102:25-27 "In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you will remain; they will all wear out like garments. Like clothing you will change them and they will be discarded. But you remain the same, your years will never end." What a God, What a God, What God!!! To Him Be ALL the Glory forever and ever AMEN!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing this Summer. May God continue to bless you. We all know things work together for our good. This is definitely a challenge that will make you stronger. Through this test, your faith will grow. You will be able to help people in ways you were not prior to this test. You are being prepared for more responsibility for God's kingdom!

    ReplyDelete