Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Thanksgiving Day 2013 experienced in the midst of a battle but to God Be The Glory the battle thus far has not made me bitter but God is using it to make me better, to mold and shape me to be more like Him, to strengthen my faith, while putting it on display, to strengthen our bond and that He would get the glory in my life. People often comment on how tight my daddy and I are. It's because we've been through some things together and he's been there-a loving father all of my life. As I began listing reasons why God is allowing me to go through this He reminded me that just as going through some things with my daddy who's been there for me all my life has helped to make our father-daughter bond so strong, God is using this battle to strengthen our Heavenly Father-daughter bond. For as much as my daddy has and does love me, God loves me more and more perfectly and as much as my daddy has always had my back (and still does), I know that my Heavenly Father has my back in a way that only He could have my back; in a way that far extends the abilities of man for "He is God alone" and as constant as my daddy has been in my life, my Heavenly Father has been and is even more constant for "He changes not." With that I'd just like to highlight a few things that I'm thankful for: -I'm thankful for not only life but life in Christ-it's a privilege to have a relationship that goes deeper than my salvation through Him and just to know Him for myself more and more; He's my Strength and my Sustainer. The faith that I have came from Him too. -I'm thankful for Him enabling me to see His hand at work in my life (even through and in the midst of this battle)-always reminded of His presence-what an encouragement that is in and of itself. -I'm thankful for a lil bro from another mother who was willing to stop and pick me up in one town and drop me off at the house in another town on his way in for the Thanksgiving break and who without hesitation is willing to drive me back (I'm not quite back to the driving shape I was in when it comes to driving out of town and especially with the stomach/digestion issues I had been having the past couple days was and praying that I would be able to ride without any issues-btw God answered that prayer:-) ). -I'm thankful for the support system that God has placed around me and for His love that I continue to feel through them and for Him blessing me with the words to a poem especially for them that I was able to send them via txt. While it was for them, it blessed me because it's through those expressions that God gives me for others to be blessed by that I find joy. -I wasn't able to eat any of the traditional Thanksgiving food but my oh my, God blessed me to be able to eat some of my daddy's homemade chicken stock/broth with some brown rice and crackers-better than that camble's ummm ummm good; love my daddy's cooking. This morning when I prayed I thanked God in advance for whatever He'd allow me to consume and keep in my system and all day I really didn't have any major issues-this evening I messed up with my protein shake but when I consider how my stomach felt all day my I was in fair shape for more than not so fair shape-God did it! -I'm thankful to have been able to come home to family, to watch some NFL and a good movie. -I'm thankful for the Victory over breast cancer that is on the way; well actually already in progress. God has given me and continues to give me so much to be thankful for and it's impossible to list them all-none of which I'm deserving of. "God is GOOD all the time and all the time God is GOOD!!!" "In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

1 comment:

  1. Oh give thanks unto the Lord for he is good! Claiming your victory in the midst of the battle is much like shouting victory in Jerico (sp) and the walls falling down. The part I love about that story was the shout was one of victory before the battle was fought!!! Name it and claim it Summer! It will work out for your good!

    ReplyDelete