Thursday, October 31, 2013

1 Chemo Treatment on Halloween: TREAT all the way!!!

1st Chemo treatment on Halloween Day, but no worries here God was with me all the way-treat after treat, after treat, after treat. As I was getting into my daddy's truck about to head to the place where my treatment would be taking place, daddy annointed me with oil and prayed over me. Good news from the dr. when we were called back to talk to him: #1 The BRACA test came back negative meaning I'm not a carrier for breast cancer and a double mastectomy will not have to be considered when the time comes for surgery-Treat/Answered Prayer. #2 While the insurance company had still not approved one of the chemo drugs that he had recommended, the pharmaceutical company was willing to replace the drug-bottom line no money out of my pocket and we were able to proceed with the type of chemo combination treatment that the dr. had recommended. Treat/Answered Prayer. The nurse commented that the area where the mediport was healing up well and asked if it had been in there for a couple of weeks (I'm guessing that may be normal protocol but God had blessed them to get a lot of things done and to make a lot of progress in such a short period of time, that was not the case for me. I just had the mediport surgical procedure last Friday and I'm thankful that God arranged it in such a way that I had to wait until today for treatment.) As she stopped spraying the numbing spray over the skin located on top of the mediport. I asked her if she'd sprayed enough lol, I wasn't trying to feel anything when she stuck the IV into it. Well she did spray some more before sticking it in there I felt quite a bit-it HURT and I had to make a lil sound affect with it but nothing unwholesome lol. Before the actual chemo bags were hooked up, I was given some other meds via the IV that were suppose to counter potential side effects. There was some Benedryl in that combo of meds (rarely ever take over the counter meds-even for headaches I prefer to just sleep it off) and the flow was a little high which made me feel lightheaded but the nurse adjusted that and the lightheadedness went away. That was pretty much the jist of the pain and discomfort. When they added the different backs of the chemo drugs God kept me all the way through it. I actually got hungry again even though I had eaten 2 meals before coming in lol. God just showed all the way out. Even the nurses commented on how well my body ways recieving the treatment. And the one that was tending to me said that if I were going to have any allergic reactions, I would have experienced atleast a hint of them during the treatment but there were none. The treatment was 4hrs. Now I was tired and hungry but compared to what could have happened, that was nothing at all. God continues to bless me through those He's placed in my life including mom and daddy, both sets of parents, brothers and sisters in Christ via presence, calls and txts to check on me,sending cards, bringing flowers, prayers, helping me to remember practical items and also providing them-God using each to encourage me in their own way. The other night one of my brothers in Christ prayed with me and in that prayer He specifically prayed that God would not allow me to want for anything and God has done that. There was a gentleman in who was also recieving treatment that asked my dad if He was a pastor, which he is, and also asked for my name so that he could add me to his church's prayer list. What a blessing-again I say TREAT. It may have been halloween but God showed all the way out and reminded me that He Got me and that He has every angle covered. In Lukes account of the healing of the lunatic/demon-posessed boy, the Holy Spirit brings out the point that God is able to use our sickness for His glory as it provides an opportunity for others to witness the mighty power of God(Luke 9:43). I believe God will get the glory not only as He leads me in this battle but also when he blesses me with the victory. God is so good. I count it a blessing to not only be one of His but also one in who's life He is and will get the glory. TGBTG (To God Be the Glory) "Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that's within me, bless His holy name." Psalm 103:1

No comments:

Post a Comment